Warning: There are an increasing number of fraudulent websites that impersonate ECCMID. We would like to alert all our members and delegates to possible scams and we strongly advise you to use only the official ECCMID online registration for your bookings.


Updated 18 March 2020

On the 10th of March 2020, a decision was made by the ESCMID and ECCMID leadership to cancel the on-site components of the 30th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) in Paris, France in April 2020, and to move the entire scientific programme to an online delivery platform.  

After very careful deliberation and consideration, a decision was taken today (18th of March 2020) to now cancel the online portion of ECCMID 2020 as well. This decision was made with consideration of feedback received from registered participants, faculty members, service providers and sponsors. 

Paid ECCMID 2020 registration fees will be automatically and fully refunded to all participants, there is no need to specifically request a refund. Further communication will follow in the coming days regarding any specific action that may need to be taken on this matter by participants. 

For registered delegates with accepted abstracts, we are exploring options for you to share your research with your colleagues. We thank you for your patience and further information will be coming next week.

For all prepaid exhibition and sponsorship fees, we will offer the option to refund or defer to ECCMID 2021. Further communication will follow in the coming days regarding any specific action that may need to be taken on this matter.

In the midst of the further dramatic evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is the opinion of ESCMID that now is time for maximal concentration on medical duties and care. We are very proud and extremely thankful for the continued efforts of our ESCMID members on the ground in their respective countries. It is health professionals working in any public health capacity that are ensuring that we stand the greatest chance of limiting the damage done by SARS-CoV-2.

Although this decision will have substantial consequences for ESCMID, we are committing our remaining resources now to supporting the COVID-19 situation, and are hoping for an even bigger and better meeting in Vienna for ECCMID 2021.

We very much hope for your understanding and we value your support.

If you have further questions please email